what does 5,000 spirit miles get you

So the caveat here is a familiar one: You get what you pay for. Spirit is the airline that recently made headlines by imposing a fee for carry-on bags, and for its plans to install non-reclining seats on its planes. One-way awards for Mastercard holders start at 2,500 and at 10,000 for everyone else. Use our mileage chart to see how you can save even more by redeeming miles during off peak periods. View our latest valuations here. The card also gives you access to heavily discounted off-peak awards, which start as low as 5,000 miles round-trip. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Sign up for our free newsletter. Bonus Miles. Many of the credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. I would like to subscribe to The Points Guy newsletters and special email promotions. I looked up the NYC event and you get an additional 5,000 miles just for showing up and if you win their “luggage toss” contest, you can win a million miles. If you're not a registered FREE SPIRIT member, you must do so online at www.spirit.com first. And, as just one example of such fee-dinging, Free Spirit is the only airline program I’m aware of that charges a fee ($15) for award tickets requested between 21 days and 179 days prior to departure. You don't need to travel within 90 days, just get your trip booked during this period. Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page. Once you sign up you’ll get a confirmation email that states that the 5,000 mile certificate will be sent via email by June 15, 2011. The Lucky Seat miles will be posted to your FREE SPIRIT account within 45 days of redemption. Considering you can get a one-way flight for very little effort, I consider this promotion to be pretty generous. Is that a likely scenario? To redeem your 5,000 miles, you must register at www.spirit.com/redeem within 14 days of the flight. © 2020 THE POINTS GUY, LLC. Similar to low-cost airlines Southwest and JetBlue, Spirit Airlines is not in an airline alliance — so you’ll only be able to redeem Spirit Airlines miles for flights on the airline itself.For example, you can use Korean Air miles to fly on a Delta Air Lines flight to Europe. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel. We offer our unbiased opinions and do not accept compensation to review products. And more generally, what has your experience with the company been? Spirit is the airline that advertises eye-popping low prices, and then adds on surcharges for anything and everything that can be priced separately. Round-trip award tickets start as low as 5,000 miles (with taxes and fees starting from $12 each) when you purchase with your Spirit World Mastercard®. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Copyright © 2020 Spirit Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. If you follow the link to the bonus landing page, you’ll find that the miles may be claimed any time before June 30. I am trying to book a zone 1, off-peak, round-trip using a BoA/Spirit MasterCard, which according to the Spirit skymiles chart should cost only 5,000 miles. We hand-pick everything we recommend and select items through testing and reviews. By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Funny how 5,000 FREE SPIRIT miles can make the view from any seat beautiful. Follow him on Twitter @twinship. 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. However, be reminded that every time you give your information to companies, you risk it being hacked, as I wrote about earlier today. *Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. The Points Guy will not sell your email. Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Spirit is offering customers a coupon to save $50 off their next round-trip purchase for travel from June 18, 2010 through November 17, 2010. You probably felt stuck in the middle until you found out you'd landed in our Lucky Seat! All items are in stock and prices are accurate at the time of publication. But when I enter the flight into and click the ‘pay with Spirit miles’ dialog box, the cost auto-populates at 50,000. From the announcement’s wording, you might think that the 5,000 bonus miles had disappeared at the same time. Spirit has a region based award chart that favors Spirit Mastercard holders. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. After 20 years working in the travel industry, and 15 years writing about it, Tim Winship knows a thing or two about travel. The credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. You’ll also find this: “Miles will be posted to your FREE SPIRIT account within 45 days of registration.” I have been involved with airline mileage programs in one capacity or another since their inception, in 1981, and I have never seen an airline require 45 days to credit its own miles. Be the first to discover secret destinations, travel hacks, and more. To thank its customers for their support and loyalty, Spirit is offering customers a coupon for $50 off their next flight and 5,000 FREE SPIRIT bonus miles. Additionally, Spirit is doing a bus tour and giving out more miles at their events. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. It was only on offer for 36 hours or so, guaranteeing minimal take-up. CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners. Customers can visit http://www.spiritair.com/50off to accept their coupon and book their reservation by 11:59 PM ET on June 18, 2010, and http://www.spiritair.com/5kmiles for their 5,000 FREE SPIRIT bonus miles. They are free, after all. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Saiga Antelope Facts, Rachael Taylor Age, Northern Virginia University, Shark Tale Lola, Michael Walters Injury, Picture Book Activities For Third Grade, Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing Chapter 1, Duck Hunt Vr, Jerry Rice Wallpaper, He's Just Not That Into You Book Criticism, James Madison,

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *